What I Did Not Want
Many years ago an insurance sales agent showed up at our house and
proceeded to sell us insurance. At the end of the presentation I had three memorable
the agent arrived I saw the black briefcase and I wondered when the contents
were going to be dump out on our kitchen table including the purchase agreement
- At the end of the presentation, I felt like I was "sold to" and my issues and concerns were hardly heard
- Who do you know who...the agent was looking for referrals. The way this was handled was not comfortable for me or my wife.
A few years later a different insurance agent show up and this time
he had a flip chart presentation. This presentation felt very mechanical with
To summarize my feelings, the presentations were about the agent and not about me.
What I Did Want
Based on my business and life experiences I wanted a sales call to
provide a clear understanding of:
I just wanted open and honest communications that looked at my issues and concerns and how the product or services were going to resolve them.
- The expectations of the meeting.
- The projected outcome at the end of the meeting. What exactly did the sales person want?
- A simple agenda to maximize the exchange of information while minimizing the time required
- The fact that I wanted to be heard and to know that the sales person listened
- My concerns and issues were being addressed as it applied to the product or service being offered.
- The importance of being able to ask tough or difficult questions.
IS2's Selling System consists of:
- Marketing - Website Development
- Prospecting - Goal driven "strategic introduction" system
- Selling - A powerful, simple to use, proven selling system that promotes open communications and listening
- Automated Follow-Up System - utilizing groups, automated series messages, and automated dated messages (encompassing the system)